AFCEA Membership Information
NOT A MEMBER?
Join Now or Renew!
Benefits of AFCEA Individual Membership:
- SIGNAL Magazine - The premier professional journal of communications, electronics, intelligence and information systems.
- Through our 136 Chapters worldwide, access to an extensive network of government and industry professionals in the fields of IT, communications, intelligence and homeland security.
- Excellent networking opportunities:
- Through chapter and regional activities tailored to meet local professional development needs.
- Through world-renowned national/international conventions, exhibitions, conferences and symposia sponsored by AFCEA International.
- Career strategy assistance:
- Career transition seminars, job fairs, and resume preparation guides.
- FREE on-line resume posting service.
- Access to job postings by AFCEA corporate members.
- Access to AFCEA's Professional Development Center - advanced education and training in communications, intelligence and information systems disciplines.
- Awards and scholarship programs for recognition of professional and academic accomplishments.
- Discounted scholarship on enrollment in the University of Maryland Clark School's Professional Master of Engineering or Graduate Certificate of Engineering Programs
- Discount on tuition for Carnegie Mellon IT Certification Courses.
- Discount on purchase of Dell on-line training opportunities.
- Discount on purchase of Dell products (U.S. & FPO/APO members only).
- Eligibility for membership in the Pentagon Federal Credit Union (U.S. citizens only).
Remember to Select the “Washington Chapter” as your Chapter Preference!
The AFCEA, Washington, D.C. Chapter (AFCEA DC) has a proud heritage as the oldest and best established AFCEA regional point of presence in the Washington Metropolitan area. We are dedicated to providing our members with policy, regulatory, program and budget information that directly shapes governmental decisions in the technology arena.
AFCEA DC draws top tier policy makers and thought leaders from the Pentagon, other Executive Branch agencies, and Congress to speak to and interact with members.
- Monthly luncheons feature senior government and industry executives that have tremendous impact on the federal technology market.
- Technical symposia offer government policy makers, program managers and oversight officials’ insight into the potential of new and emerging technologies as well as new ways to apply technology to reduce costs and improve mission performance.
- Social events provide invaluable networking opportunities to build relationships that will endure over time. In short, AFCEA DC events provide a critical communications linkage in the business of governance.
As AFCEA DC offers its members networking and information, it leverages fee-for-admission special events to raise funds for one of the most robust scholarship programs in the area. AFCEA DC has awarded scholarships to students pursuing science, engineering, and technology degrees. We offer scholarships to D.C. area high school seniors and to community college students.
It’s easy to sign up – Just go to www.afcea.org/membership and select either Join Now or Renew Membership.